|Support the Department|
The generosity of our donors provides us with financial resources to undertake many projects, which would otherwise be impossible. Scholarships, special lectures, and student and faculty research projects enhance the academic effectiveness of our teaching programs. This support is a vital component in our mission. Please take a few minutes and consider how valuable this is to our students. There are several ways you can help us:
Unrestricted Gifts - These gifts allow the department to apply your gift to the area of greatest need.
Designated Gifts - Gifts to specific funds such as:
- George Benson Memorial Lecture Fund
- Ray L. Edwards Seminar Room
- George and Carolyn Arfken Scholarship
- George Arfken Physics Award
- Andrew W. Bylenga Scholarship
- J.A. Culler Physics Prize
- R.L. Edwards Scholarship
- Ray Edwards Physics Award
- Raymond M. Hughes Memorial Scholarship
- Dr. Benjamin Lee Memorial Scholarship
- Philip and Cora Macklin Scholarship
- Mary Jean and Joseph R. Priest Scholarship*
- William Shoupp Memorial Scholarship
- John and Genny Snider Scholarship
- Starkey Family Physics Scholarship
*Account requires a minimum of $25,000 to be endowed.
How To Make Your Gift
Please make your check payable to the Miami University Foundation, designate Physics Department and, if desired, a specific Scholarship or Lecture Fund on the memo line, and send to:
c/o Miami University
725 E. Chestnut Street
Oxford, OH 45056
To Give Online
Visit Miami's secure, encrypted online giving form and then:
- Under Designations, enter the dollar amount of your contribution in the Other Fund box.
- Type in Physics Department in the Other (please specify other fund for contribution) box.
Donors may transfer donate assets such as stocks, bonds, mutual fund shares, or real estate as gift commitments. The benefits of transferring appreciated assets may include tax deductions and the avoidance of capital gains tax. Please contact Evan Lichtenstein in the Miami University Division of University Advancement at (513) 529-1263 for further information.
Estate or Deferred Gifts
An estate or deferred gift to the Miami University Foundation designated for the Physics Department, can allow you or your advisors to incorporate future support for Miami University into your individual financial planning strategies. Please contact Evan Lichtenstein in the Miami University Division of University Advancement at (513) 529-1263 for further information.